02 May 2010

Big Girls Don't Cry... ha, yeah right.

I know I said that I was going back to my reading and reviewing ways, but apparently I'm a big fat liar. Now that things are no longer speculation, but truths, I'm okay with talking about what's going on and why I've been a shitty CBR kid.

I'm moving to Germany tomorrow for (at least) 6 months to work. I found out a little more than 3 weeks ago, so life has been super hectic. I've had time to read, don't get me wrong, but my mind just can't stay in a book right now.

I have about 10 books I'm bringing with me (including the April CBR Book Club pick, The Blind Assassin) and I've already looked at amazon.de for books in English, so I know I can keep doing this. I just have to get my head back in the game.

With that said, I've decided to make a personal blog to keep my friends updated on my travels and the like. Nothing is up yet - I'm far too emotional to write anything without a river of tears coming down my face, but yeah, here it is:

http://then-a-pause.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Where in Germany? If you're close to an Army base, you could always become friends with a Soldier to use their APO box - then you could still use regular Amazon since it counts as an American address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm living right outside of Koblenz and working in Bonn. I don't know any soldiers here as of yet, but we'll see what happens. Good to know though, thanks!

    ReplyDelete